You need more than a bunch of numbers and logic to write an application. You need text and working with individual characters isn’t enough either.
This episode continues explaining concepts important to the string data type with the following seven points:
- How do you search a string for another string or a pattern?
- How do you use a string as an index or key into a collection?
- How do you read and write strings as data streams?
- How do you use strings to transfer information such as HTML, JSON, and XML?
- How do you convert images to strings and then back again?
- How do you sort strings and control how numbers and special characters affect the order?
- How do you embed special symbols into strings such as line breaks, presentation information, and binary data?