You need more than a bunch of numbers and logic to write an application. You need text and working with individual characters isn’t enough either.
This episode continues the discussion about the string data type and covers the following points:
- Can the encoding be changed and how are character boundaries detected? Is the encoding self-synchronizing?
- How do you expand and collapse composite characters?
- How do you convert numbers and other data types to strings and back?
- How do you append, insert, and remove sections of a string?
- How do you reorder and reverse strings?
- How do you change and detect case of letters?
- How do you control the formatting of a string with placeholders?