Dates and times are a lot more complicated than we normally realize. Having a specific data type to manage all the details is crucial.
This episode explains the following topics related to time:
- What is UTC and the difference between coordinated universal time, UTC, and Greenwich Mean Time, GMT.
- How to handle midnight and noon.
- How to specify time zones and what it means when the time zone is unspecified.
- How to work with and read aloud 24 hour time formats.
- How to specify fractional time units. For example, how to write a time that includes microseconds.
- How to work with leap seconds.
- How to combine dates and times into a DateTime format.
- How to specify date and time intervals.